Re: Is it possible to rename atoms with psfgen?

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2015 - 13:11:46 CST

Hi,

Atom renaming isn't supported in psfgen, but I think you can do your
entire "unpatching" process more cleanly in the latest VMD, which can now
write psf files containing full bond/angle/dihedral/improper/... data from
an atom selection. In VMD you can rename atoms something something like:

   [atomselect top "resname FOO and name BARX BARY"] set name BAR

Then to write out:

   set a [atomselect top "...lambda 0 atoms..."]
   $a writepsf a_lam0.psf
   $a writepdb a_lam0.pdb

If you want to do this to the output trajectory then use catdcd.

Jim