Pressure coupling options

From: Kevin C Chan (cchan2242-c_at_my.cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Fri Jun 26 2015 - 23:32:05 CDT

Dear Users,

I am a bit confused when to turn on “useFlexibleCell” and “useConstantRatio” options for simulations of systems which contain membrane (or even proteins on/inside the membrane). As the NAMD manual gives relatively brief descriptions, I would like to hear some experience sharing on this. I am interested in whether the option would affect any physical results and how NAMD actually achieve such constant ratio or area (of a membrane I guess?).

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
City University of Hong Kong