Re: Multiple input and output files

From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2014 - 20:54:02 CST

Hi Debashis,

If I understand your question properly, this is more of a personal
organization question. If I have highly similar systems, I'll put the
psf file and the different starting pdbs in a "build" directory, place
sequential NAMD configuration files in the root directory of the
project, and use symlinks to place the files in the appropriate
directories. This lets me have a "system.psf" and a "system.pdb" in each
systematically named directory, which lets me use the same NAMD
configuration files (also symlinked) in every directory. If you prefer
to use the *exact* same configuration file for repeated runs, it is also
possible using tcl commands to set variables so that you can use an
identical NAMD configuration file for successive runs, but I find this
approach to be very easy to break if something unexpected happens during
runtime.

In short, unless I am misunderstanding the question, there is not per se
a NAMD-specific way of doing what you want, but with a combination of a
scripting language (bash, tcl, etc.), you can figure something out.
What's wrong with just copying the file in several places?

-Josh Vermaas