Re: ABF with the RMSD colvar

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2014 - 10:46:45 CDT

Hi George,

Try plotting the PMF calculated by ABF (even unconverged) and -RT
log(samples per bin), and see how those two compare. The log sampling
should be significantly flatter than the PMF.

The accumulation at one side could depend from non-equilibrium effects, and
depend on the history of the system. Was nonequilibrium pulling involved at
some point? Did it have time to relax? What happens if you start a free
simulation instead of ABF?

Best,
Jerome