Re: Simulation in Collective sub-space

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2013 - 08:03:48 CDT

Hello James, you can use the collective variables module: choose your
variables to be the eigenvectors of the covariance matrix, by providing the
code with 1) the list of atoms, 2) the 3N coordinates of the average
structure with refPositionsFile, 3) the 3N components of the essential mode
of your choice with vectorFile. You can define as many variables of type
"eigenvector" as you want:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd//2.9/ug/node55.html#SECTION0001322160000000000000

BTW the extension of principal component analysis using metadynamics
already exists, and it's in a relatively older paper, if you're looking for
ideas:
http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/249995/93-ConformationalFlooding

Giacomo