AW: Can I define a simulation box but turn off the PBC at the same time?

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon May 13 2013 - 00:22:55 CDT

Hi,

You can define whatever box shape you want, when building and solvating your
molecular system. From there on, you can run it with NAMD without defining a
periodic box at all. Means no CellBasisVector parameters. This will run the
simulation without periodic boundary conditions, as there's no need and
reason to define a box in that case. Remember that PME needs pbc, so you may
be interested in "fulldirect" to keep the long range electrostatics and not
doing cutoff electrostatics.

Norman Geist.