Re: namd 2.9 tip4p-2005

From: Guanglei Cui (amber.mail.archive_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2013 - 10:31:33 CDT

I am having a similar issue when trying to use TIP4P with AMBER files
(namd2.9). The files were prepared with "set default flexiblewater on",
which is the reported solution previously. I see the same "ERROR" lines for
each water molecule in the system, presumably for the lone pairs (LP or
EPW, both names tried), with no further detail. The minimization would run
for some steps, but eventually bombs. The ERROR messages might be generated
in Molecule.C line 2429-2430. But I can't be sure.

    if ( (atoms[i].mass<1.5) != (lcpoParamType[i]==0) ) {
      CkPrintf("ERROR\n");

It sounds like people on the list have reported success in using TIP4P with
AMBER input files and NAMD. I appreciate if anyone can share the exact
steps to get this working.

Cheers,
Guanglei

--