Re: Error in distributing the cores for a single processor

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2013 - 00:44:20 CDT

please always copy the list on your replies, so that people see how a
problem is resolved and others with the same issue can look it up in
the mailing list archives.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Priyanka Purkayastha
<ppurkayastha2010_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I typed top in in terminal which showed only one core is being used with
> 395% CPU usage and 3.5 memory

which proves that NAMD is working *correctly* by using 4 threads on 4
cores. if it was only using one core, it would be showing <=100% CPU
usage.

axel