AW: Error in distributing the cores for a single processor

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2013 - 01:20:57 CDT

Hi,

please also remember, that if you are using a non-smp version of namd, that
you would have to use charmrun to spawn the 4 individual processes.

To check if all cores get utilized, you can use the "top" command. Press "1"
when top is running to show the utilization of every single core in the
upper area of the output. Please remember when using a smp version, there
will be only one process running, that uses all the cores you selected by
threading. This will show up as 400% usage for this process.

Good luck

Norman Geist.