merge pdb/psf files by psfgen - sets coordinates to zero

From: Jacqueline Schmidt (jacqueline_schmidt_1983_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2012 - 13:44:49 CDT

Dear NAMD users,  I have a question about combing pair of pdb/psf files. I hope my question is not repetitive!  I am merging two pdb/psf files using: ./psfgen << END  readpsf  file1.psf  readpdb file1.pdb  readpsf  file2.psf  readpdb file2.pdb  writepsf  file_combined.psf  writepdb file_combined.pdb END But doing it this way, the coordinates file molecules are all replaced by zero. I guess I have to add another command to read the coordinates before writing the new combined files. Could anyone please help? Thanks Jackie