AW: Error in membrane protein simulation

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2012 - 01:52:45 CDT

Hi,

as you did unfortunately not mention which of the energies are 9999999, I can only guess.

So I guess it is the VDW energy. If I guess correct, you have overlapping atoms. The minimizer will mostly never get rid of such bad initial conformations. So you need to find the bad contacts (maybe using vmd and dynamic bonds with a low cutoff), or just rebuild the system. As you told you have a membrane, could it be that you have ions beside the membrane? Remember periodicity and that these ions are within the membrane then, as they get wrapped at simulation start.

regards

Norman Geist.