Re: NAMD on Peta-Scale Machines

From: Wang Yi (dexterwy_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2012 - 12:18:12 CDT

That's an intriguing result. Is there any physically meaningful metrics? For example, with the 18% hardware fault, what is the system energy/enthalpy/free energy, etc, compared to your gold standard? How would the 18% error rate translate into the RMSD/RMSF of the simulated protein, compared to an error-free example? And would your error-detector help improve the simulated physical properties?

Yi (Yves) Wang
Duke University