AW: AW: simulation:protein,ligand,lipid,water and ions

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2012 - 00:47:21 CDT

Hi,

of course VMD can't wrap your system, as psf and pdb both does not contain
the box size information. If you would have loaded the dcd, it would have
worked.

You can easily set the box with:

vmd> pbc set {x y z} [-all]

The -all parameter is optional and will cause the box to be set for all
frames, not only the current.

and then do:

vmd> pbc wrap -all -compound res -center com -centersel protein

And yes, the picture of the system you showed is wrapped, and you could just
go on with this structure. Please inform yourself about the periodic
boundary condition to understand, that is doesn't matter where your protein
located, and if the water is below or over the protein.

If you use the wrap command on your dcd trajectory, you will see maybe.

Norman Geist.