AW: Re:

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2012 - 02:32:29 CDT

Hi,

depending on which kind of analysis you want to do, you can either use vmd
with its own tools and additionally write some tcl scripts, or convert the
dcds to a format your tools can deal with by using the catDCD tool shipped
with namd.

The other error is because a linux system publishes a list of directories
where to search for binarys. So your linux system doesn't know namd2 binary
to provide it to vmd. You can solve this by adding the directory with your
namd binary to the $PATH variable. If you use bash for instance, you can
just do

$> export PATH=/you/namd/dir/:$PATH

Norman Geist.