Run NAMD binaries

From: Monika Madhavi (monikamadhavi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2012 - 03:58:12 CDT

Dear all,

This is a very basic question but this is my first program in NAMD. I
downloaded NAMD_2.9_Linux-x86 binary and extracted it in my home directory.
My configuration file is also in the home directory. Then I typed namd2
myconfigfile.conf in a terminal window and I got "namd2 command not found ".

Then I copied my configuration file inside the extracted folder and typed
the same in terminal and got the same massage.

Can someone please help me to find where I went wrong? Do I have to keep my
configuration file in a specific location for namd to run it?

Thank you.
Monika