AW: Water bubbles in NVT equilibration dynamics

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2012 - 01:26:25 CDT

Hi,

Regarding the advices before, you should of course do a constant pressure
run some when in your simulation protocol. We usually do it like
mini->heat1->pressure->heat2->free cause the pressure can change the
temperature. I wouldn't follow the advice to let only the water move during
constant pressure. How should that work if there's a protein and ions inside
the solvent? Also, fixed atoms during constant pressure usually comes with
FATAL errors because of the coordinate rescaling and the resulting high
forces of colliding atoms. The "patch has become too small for original
patch grid" error will occur if your boxes initial density was extremely far
from ideal. Then, the box get smaller than the initial department for
parallelization. You can just restart the simulation from the latest restart
files then, as the departing is done again at simulation start, or to
prevent it from crashing already, you can use the margin parameter, but this
slows down the simulation. You have to test out.

Good luck

Norman Geist.