Re: Random seed and equilibrated structure

From: Dr. Eddie (eackad_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2012 - 16:40:05 CDT

Thanks Aron. I guess there is no way to make a small perturbation the an
already equilibrated protein. I want to have good statistics for distance
distributions in the equilibrated protein so having multiple runs helps.
But I guess changing the seed can just thrust me back into a parameter
space where it will likely take just as long to re-reach equilibrium. Right?

I have compared my rmsd to the initial frame as well since it seems to be a
standard approach and does make sense, but I am also curious if others have
a different method. My understanding was this is done because once the rmsd
has leveled off your results are converged. I have noticed that sensitive
things like the distance distribution between two residue alpha-carbons
becomes very narrow once the rmsd of the protein has equilibrated. Prior to
equilibration I get broader and multipeaked distributions.

Thanks,
Eddie

--
Eddie