AW: CUDA error on Pe 4: device cannot map host memory

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 00:58:11 CDT

Hi,

as you aren't able to run the device 1 it sounds like is not correctly
configured. I've never seen this error before. You should check if both gpus
run the same driver version and same settings. Also the permissions to the
/dev/nvidia devices.

BTW are you using SLI?
What slots are the gpus plugged in? (recommended PCI-E 2.0 x16 full)
Is a screen working on this gpu? (to check if the gpu and driver is ok)

Let us know

Norman Geist.