Re: keeping a protein in a solvation box

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2012 - 18:50:17 CDT

Thanks Aaron! You beat me to this.

However, I can see another email coming requesting to clarify, so I'm
pasting here the example configuration. The last time I sent this to
namd-l was a while ago and may not show up easily in a keyword search.

colvar {

    name com
    width 1.0

    distance {
        group1 {
            # write your atom selection as per the user's manual
        }
        group2 {
            # change the position of this dummyAtom if you want a different
            # point as the center
            dummyAtom (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
        }
    }
}

colvar {

    name orient
    width 0.05

    orientation {
        atoms {
            # write your atom selection as per the user's manual
        }
        refPositionsFile reference_coordinates.pdb
    }
}

harmonic {
    colvars com orient