Re: PDB sugar unit residue name

From: Michelle Kuttel (mkuttel_at_cs.uct.ac.za)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 09:30:25 CDT

Hi Massimiliano

This is a pretty general solution, so I hope it helps.
I have found with psfgen, that, after generating the structures with the correct patch, the following commands help:

regenerate angles dihedrals
guesscoord

You could also use our "CarbBuilder" program, but it does not yet support all residues and is still under development.
http://people.cs.uct.ac.za/~mkuttel/downloads.html
"CarbBuilder: an adjustable tool for building 3D molecular structures of carbohydrates for molecular simulation", Michelle Kuttel, Yue Mao, GĻoran Widmalm and Magnus Lundborg, Proceedings
of the 7th IEEE International Conference on e-Science, pages: 395-402. (paper available from my webiste)

I hope this helps.

Best of luck,
Michelle

Michelle Kuttel