center of mass movement removal throughout simulation?

From: Markus K. Dahlgren (markus.dahlgren_at_yale.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2012 - 18:53:53 CDT

Hi!

I have seen that there have been mailing list mails asking this before, but I
did not find a post where it was resolved.

The COMmotion keyword in NAMD removes the center of mass movement. But it only
does it initially. After a while my protein complexes start to move around in
the box and it becomes a mess trying to view the trajectory after using the PBC
plugin.

Is there a way in NAMD to remove the center of mass movement every frame? This
if possible in some other MD software, such as OpenMM. If it is not possible to
do this every frame, can I put in a feature request for future developments for
this?