Re: how to calculate the box size

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2012 - 09:32:43 CST

But this script is using measure minmax, so in principle this is the same
as trying to reconstruct the periodic box from atomic coordinates (correct
me if I'm wrong).
I think a better version is:

proc get_cell {{molid top}} {
 puts "cellBasisVector1 [molinfo $molid get a] 0 0"
 puts "cellBasisVector2 0 [molinfo $molid get b] 0"
 puts "cellBasisVector3 0 0 [molinfo $molid get c]"

 set all [atomselect $molid all]
 puts "cellOrigin [measure center $all] "
 $all delete
}