Re: what restraint can I use to prevent membrane diffusion on the Z-axis?

From: kanchi subbarao rao (ksubbu85_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2012 - 10:39:42 CST

hi all
       I have also similar problem.I did some DPPC lipid bilayer
simulations.I used 3D PBC and run the simulation in NPT.
The lipid part is not diffused but it was moved along Z - axis.Due to that
the water was come to one side more (at bottom ) and the other side (at
top) less.I maintain the water more than fully hydration.It means the
simulation is correct. But lipid motion in along z - axis was not looking
good.
         How can we over come this problem.please any suggestions please

subbarao kanchi
physics Dept
IISC Bangalore
India