AW: AW: Energy minimization of membrane

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 01:01:41 CST

Hi,

The periodic cell in NAMD is set by cellbasisvector. PMEgridsize is the grid size for the "particle mesh ewald" long range electrostatics and should be set as explained in the manual, whereas the cellbasisvectors should set right to your cell size. For such a system I would lay the membrane as X,Y and then let pressure happen in Z with useconstantarea. Why? Because you don't want your membrane to get squeezed, only to compress your solvent a little, right? Even if you have such experimental constant dimensions to keep.

Feel free to ask.

Best wishes

Norman Geist.