Re: RMSD collective variable - Different atons to align and to calculate RMSD

From: Chris Harrison (charris5_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2012 - 13:54:55 CST

The are the same. It is not clear to me why you'd want to calc the RMSD of
a set of atoms which do not correspond to the subset used for alignment.
 The resulting measurement (RMSD) would be erroneous. Can you elaborate
why you'd want this feature available?

Best,
Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                            Voice: 773-570-6078