Re: about md in npt

From: Joshua Adelman (jla65_at_pitt.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2011 - 07:55:02 CST

Hi Hasan,

An basic question to clarify is how does the pressure change as a function of time. If your system was prepared from from the equilibrium density at your given target pressure, there is going to be some initial large fluctuations as the system relaxes. What is the average pressure over the last 1 ns? Is it significantly different than over the first ns?

Also looking at your config file, in case you just copied values from someone else's example, you should think about whether you want ConstantArea turned on, and whether you want to use "useFlexibleCell", for what I imagine is an isotropic system.

Best wishes,
Josh