selection of cholesterol molecules

From: Swarna M Patra (swarnam.patra_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2011 - 23:54:06 CDT

Dear NAMD/VMD users,
I am trying to calculate the radial distribution of cholesterol molecules
around a particular helix . For that I am using the Radial distribution
given in VMD. for the 1st selection I give "protein and resid 1 to 50" and
for 2nd selection I give "resname CHL1" that is cholesterol molecule. which
actually takes each atom of cholesterol and try to see if it is there or
not. How can I give the 2nd selection to take Center of mass of cholesterol
molecule not center of mass of each atom.
please give me some suggestions
thanks
swarna