Re: * CGtool force field *

From: Chris Harrison (charris5_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2011 - 17:02:37 CDT

Hamid,

The Martini water particle doesn't carry a charge. From the martini parameter
file (http://md.chem.rug.nl/cgmartini/images/parameters/martini_v2.0.itp):

------------------------
;;;;;; WATER (representing 4 H2O molecules)

[ moleculetype ]
; molname nrexcl
  W 1

[ atoms ]
;id type resnr residu atom cgnr charge
 1 P4 1 W W 1 0

;;;;;; ANTIFREEZE (prevents freezing of water)

[ moleculetype ]
; molname nrexcl
  WF 1

[ atoms ]
;id type resnr residu atom cgnr charge
 1 BP4 1 WF WF 1 0

Marrink and coworkers have developed a polarizable water model for the MARTINI forcefield, however its implementation in NAMD is not yet complete.

Perhaps such a polarizable RBCG model would solve the problems you're encountering?

Best,
Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                          Voice: 773-570-0329