FATAL ERROR: Low global exclusion count! System unstable or pairlistdist or cutoff too small.

From: Massimiliano Porrini (M.Porrini_at_ed.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2011 - 09:36:55 CDT

Dear namd-lers,

I am attempting to perform some coarse grained (CG) MD simulations.
After having successfully coarse-grained my system with the VMD utility
and minimised the structure with namd, I tried to equilibrate the temperature
at 320 K, but I get the following error soon at the beginning of the run:

FATAL ERROR: Low global exclusion count! System unstable or
pairlistdist or cutoff too small.

I tried to increased either the cut-off or the PairListDist or both but
with no success.

Any hint to overcome this problem would be really appreciated.

All the best,
MP

--
Dr Massimiliano Porrini
Institute for Condensed Matter and Complex Systems