Re: Heating in NAMD

From: Babban Mia (babbanmia_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2011 - 06:06:25 CDT

Hello

I am confused about using a proper method of Heating and Equilibrating.
Heating in itself would mean slowly increase the temperature then
Do we still need to use the Langevin Thermostat and Piston ? or do these
things are important only when We are doing the further Equilibration after
heating is over and temperature has reached the reassignHold value.

So I have these doubts about setting/using Langevin Thermostat/Piston
parameters even though Heating is to be done

Advise please

Best
Babban