Re: Heating in NAMD

From: Erik Nordgren (nordgren_at_sas.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2011 - 12:52:31 CDT

Babban,

You mention that you have consulted the archives and tutorials (which is
good!) but have you also looked at the User Guide, available from the main
NAMD website? The section called "Temperature Control and Equilibration"
describes the details about all these various parameters.

As far as a heating protocol, it probably doesn't make a great deal of
difference how you do it. Personally, for heating my systems I use
something like the second set of commands you mention. Then for production
dynamics, stick with Langevin.

-Erik

--
C. Erik Nordgren, Ph.D.