question about v2.8

From: sibel.cakan (sibel.cakan_at_stu.khas.edu.tr)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 09:01:58 CDT

Dear NAMD-users,

Could anyone tell me what type of forcefield was used in NADM v2.7 with rbcg-2007.par file for the residue-based coarse-grained simulation? Before the Martini forcefield in version 2.8 came out, I did perform a RBCG simulation using rbcg-2007.par and rbcg-2007.top files for a protein-lipid system. Not surprisingly, the protein was quite restricted. Now, I am curious about the difference between the two forcefields. Was the old one in v2.7 specifically designed for lipid systems only?

Regards,
Sibe