RE: pbc wrap option for x,y,z lengths

From: Zumot, Elia Nabil (enz1_at_pitt.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2011 - 14:44:06 CDT

Thanks for the help Axel but its still not working.
This time I didn't copy any tcl scripts, simply loaded the psf and dcd files and just used (as specified in the manual):

% pbc readxst test.xst
% pbc wrap -sel "all" -all
Info) 0.6% complete (frame 0)
..
Info) 100.0% complete (frame 175)
%

There was no output file but the whole structure was just smeared (stretched-bonds).
So since in my simulation only water molecules were wrapped (and not the lipids or protein), I tried unwrapping everything and then wrapping all but again:

% pbc unwrap -sel "all" -all
Info) 1.1% complete (frame 1)
Info) 2.3% complete (frame 3)
Info) 3.4% complete (frame 5)
Info) 84.1% complete (frame 147)
Info) 92.0% complete (frame 161)
Info) 100.0% complete (frame 175)

% pbc readxst test.xst
% pbc wrap -sel "all" -all
Info) 0.6% complete (frame 0)
Info) 13.6% complete (frame 23)
Info) 100.0% complete (frame 175)
%

and the result was the same smear and no output file

Thanks

Elia Zomot, PhD
Computational and Systems Biology Department
School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
3083 BST3, 3501 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Voice: 412 648 7785 - Fax: 412 648 3163
enz1_at_pitt.edu