RE: pbc wrap option for x,y,z lengths

From: Zumot, Elia Nabil (enz1_at_pitt.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2011 - 22:52:11 CDT

Thank you for responding Axel but bear with me please,

> and rightfully so, as this does not make sense and is
> in violation of the documentation.

Does this mean that once a molecule has left the boundaries there is no way in VMD to restore it to within the original/central box (rewrite its coordinates as if it had been wrapped)?

> if you want to wrap around {132 96 110} you should use
> that as argument to -center.
> also, please note, that tcl lists/vectors have no comma.

I want the center of the box to be 0 0 0, and the x, y and z dimensions to be 132, 96 and 110.

This one doesn't work either:

% pbc wrap -orthorhombic {132 96 110} -center {0 0 0} -sel "all"

error: pbcwrap: unknown option: 132 96 110

Thanks again

Elia

Elia Zomot, PhD
Computational and Systems Biology Department
School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
3083 BST3, 3501 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Voice: 412 648 7785 - Fax: 412 648 3163
enz1_at_pitt.edu