Re: Help building a desktop for namd

From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 17:06:53 CDT

Hi Salvador,

Just a thought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859105793&cm_re=opteron-_-59-105-793-_-Product

An example of a 4x 12-core opteron node.

So far, I have not been able to find a "classic" PC built with 4x 12-core
opteron. Does it exist? I was able to find a motherboard which supports a
4x 12-core:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813151219

but can you mount it in a tower case?

Gianluca

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Salvador H-V wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks a lot to all of you people who share their experience with me.
>
> I found your comments and ideas very useful!
>
> I think we have a very good starting point. Of course, I will be checking the mail
> list for new ideas.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Salvador Herrera Velarde

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Postdoc at the Department of Bioengineering