Re: FEP with flattened free energy surface?

From: Ivan Vyalov (VyalovIvan_at_yandex.ru)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2011 - 14:12:38 CDT

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for reply! So, colvars config should contain lines like these:

abf {
  colvars phi psi
  updateBias no
  inputPrefix colvarA01o
  fullSamples 200
}

And then I start FEP calculations that seems to be working ( I didn't try with solvent yet ).

May I ask you one more question?

If I want to perform annihilation of dipeptide then won't I have to recalculate bias ( along \phi & \psi ) between FEP steps ( perhaps, not between every lambda window )? In my case solvent changes free energy surface quite significantly and if I have barriers ~6 kcal/mol for vacuum then for solvent they are ~16 kcal/mol.

--
with best regards,
Ivan