Re: Abe versus Lincoln

From: johan strumpfer (johanstr_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2011 - 13:40:13 CDT

Hi Gianluca,

I've been running on both. Some benchmarks (system size ~120000 atoms):
Using lincoln 32 CPU's (i.e. 4 nodes) I get ~0.034 s/step and using
160 CPU's on Abe I get ~0.017 s/step.

Note that using CUDA NAMD, the scaling is good up to a point and then
drops dramatically. E.g. running on 5 nodes on Lincoln also gets me
approximate 0.034 s/step. So you'll be able to run faster on Abe, but
it will use up many more SU's.

Hope this helps,
Johan