RE: New NAMD version 2011-03-03 uses

From: Christian Jorgensen (christian.jorgensen_at_merton.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2011 - 13:34:44 CDT

Hi again
Thanks,

In the FEP section of the configuration file I can only go from 0.0 to 1.0:

# FEP
source ./fep.tcl
alch on
alchType fep
alchFile system.fep
alchCol B
alchOutFile out.fepout_1
alchOutFreq 500

alchVdwLambdaEnd 1.0
alchElecLambdaStart 0.5
alchVdwShiftCoeff 5.0
alchDecouple yes

alchEquilSteps 12500 ; # 25ps
set nSteps 25000 ; # 50ps

runFEP 0.0 1.0 0.10 $nSteps ; # 10 windows outward

It is not possible to run the mirror image directly
(i.e. going from 1.0 to 0.0 is not allowed)

runFEP 1.0 0.0 0.10 $nSteps ; # 10 windows outward

as this causes a
FATAL ERROR: ERROR(S) IN THE CONFIGURATION FILE
------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
Reason: FATAL ERROR: ERROR(S) IN THE CONFIGURATION FILE
ERROR: 'alchLambda' is a required configuration option
ERROR: when 'alch' is set
ERROR: alchLambda defines: Coupling parameter value
ERROR: 'alchLambda2' is a required configuration option
ERROR: when 'alch' is set
ERROR: alchLambda2 defines: Coupling comparison value

For the reverse run, instead, the way I have done it is to start
from the final mutated form and then mutated back to the initial
form still using the configuration file setup that works (i.e. 0.0 to 1.0)

# FEP
source ./fep.tcl
alch on
alchType fep
alchFile system.fep
alchCol B
alchOutFile out.fepout_1
alchOutFreq 500

alchVdwLambdaEnd 1.0
alchElecLambdaStart 0.5
alchVdwShiftCoeff 5.0
alchDecouple yes

alchEquilSteps 12500 ; # 25ps
set nSteps 25000 ; # 50ps

runFEP 0.0 1.0 0.10 $nSteps ; # 10 windows backward

I must also stress that I get the domain error when only inputting the .fepout file
for the forward run.
I am happy to link to the .fepout file I am using

My increments are the same for forward/backward runs (0.1, 10 windows)

Christian