Re: Problem with SPC/E water simulation

From: Joshua D. Moore (joshuadmoore_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 17:54:20 CST

Are your VDW parameters right? Why does the HSP have an epsilon of
-0.000001? Also the Oxygen sigma seems to be a bit off (actually it should
be 0.5*2^(1/6)*sigma should it not?).

NONBOND
HSP 0.000000 -0.000001 0.000000
OSP 0.000000 -0.155350 1.582760

I get for SPC/E water

NONBOND
HSP 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
OSP 0.000000 -0.155354 1.7768574

Unless NAMD has changed their file formats?

I also wouldn't expect rescaling the velocities every 5 steps would give you
correct thermodynamics.

There's a water configuration in the VMD solvate plugin directory which is
liquid that could be used, replicated, etc if you don't want to watch water
melt.