Re: question from a tutorial

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2011 - 14:29:23 CST

While someone may know the answer to your specific question, this problem is exactly why I modified the tutorial to make that section optional. Spartan has a tendency to significantly change its layout with each iteration, making supporting its use impossible.

On top of that, it's not really the best way to generate parameters. It's better to use a full QM program like Gaussian, following the CHARMM protocol as outlined in MacKerrell's papers.