Can DCD trajectory files contain only protein but water surround

From: yandong Huang (ydhuang2727_at_163.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 08:44:10 CST

Dear all,

Usually, DCD trajectory files contain the whole system including water.

In my case, i need to save each step the coordination as well as velocity of my protein. So it's not suitable to set a bigger DCDfreq value, which is suggested to reduce DCD file size.

You know, water takes a big part of the computational system. Therefore, if the DCD contains only protein, the DCD trajectory file would not be so big. But how to realize it?

I have checked the user guider of NAMD, but get no result.

Thanks in advance!

Good day,

Yandong,