Re: Running bias exchange metadynamics simulations with NAMD

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2011 - 15:03:48 CST

I have another question, which is in essence:
what are the differences between bias-exchange metadynamics and the multiple
walkers method?

If I would just run multiple replicas using NAMD, each replica with it's own
CV bias, isn't this almost a bias exchange method?
Or must all the replicas share the same CVs? This part of the documentation
seems to suggest that all the CVs must be the same:
"*Note: **multidimensional PMFs can only be obtained with one
*metadynamics* instance
applied to all the colvars, and not with multiple instances each applied to
a single colvar*."
But I'm not 100% sure I understood this correctly. (also, must the potential
of the bias for all replicas also be the same?)

Best regards,
Ajasja Ljubetič