Re: HEME and Cystein instead of His

From: Raul Araya (arayasecchi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2011 - 14:25:37 CST

Aron

Thanks for your answer...that is exactly what Im triying to do and in fact
I already found some usefull patch to link a Cys to the HEME group.
However, ther is another thing that I´m interested to learn how to do:

I want to link an Oxygen atom double-bonded to the FE atom in the HEME
group together with the CYS as described in: PROTEINS 64:147(2006) and in J
Mol Graph Mod 30:1(2011). There is a patch called PLO2 in the charmm
topology file but intended to link a O2 molecule to the HEME group.

Again, any help will be most appreciated....

Raúl Araya Secchi
B.Sc Molecular Biotechnology.
Molecular Biotechnology Engineer.
PhD Student (Biotechnology Program. UNAB, Chile)
Computational Biology Lab (DLab)
Center for Mathematical Modeling (CMM)
Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas.
Universidad de Chile.