Re: HEME and Cystein instead of His

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2011 - 14:02:42 CST

I've previously made new molecules for CHARMM. I don't know if they
formats have changed, but it used to be that the topology and parameter
files were human readable. If this is the case, you could just take your
HEME-His definition and change it around to be HEME-Cys. Obviously you
might need to consider the various parameters for the atoms under this new
environment, maybe using a higher level of theory.

In terms of autopsfgen I'm not sure what the intended usage method is, but
you stick your new HEME-Cys topology and parameters inside the existing
topology and parameter files and rename them, you can pass those topology
and parameter files to autopsfgen and it will work fine.

~Aron