Re: Accelerated Molecular Dynamics

From: Vijay Vammi (vsvammi_at_iastate.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2011 - 20:42:07 CDT

Hi all,

I am performing acclerated MD simulations and want to protect omega
dihedrals from getting distorted. Instead of adding additional restraints
input, i thought it might be a good solution to increase the force constant
of the omega dihedral angle.

I use amber forcefields and I am not able to figure out how the system
works. I was able to figure that all my omega dihedrals would be CT-C-N-CT,
so is it sufficient to update

X -C -N -X 4 10.00 180.0 2. AA,NMA in
parameter file to take a high value. (there are no cis-peptides in this
particular protein).

 For the charmm forcefields, I have identified all the types of dihedral
that could happen (CT1-C-NH1-CT1 and varities). Is there a easier way to
update them all using a wildcard or so.

Please advice.
Thanks
Santhosh