Re: membrane system

From: Bjoern Olausson (namdlist_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 03:10:00 CDT

On Wednesday 21 September 2011 18:11:57 ipsita basu wrote:
> Sir, I'll follow your method which like :
> vacuum (Air) - monolayer - water - monolayer - vacuum (Air).
> Can I run this in NPT ensemble?

Why not?

> How to create this vaccuam in both side in NAMD. I only find that to
> create empty space just increase the value of the length in that axis,

This is it.

> but how to specify +ve or -ve direction in the input?

+ve, -ve what do you mean with this?

Input? I don't remember PSF or coor files to contain PBC information.
Do you want to set coordinates for a vacuum space?!?
Or are you talking about the NAMD config file?
If yes, just adjust your PBC setup accordingly to the amount of vacuum you
want to have above the membrane interface.