Re: using colvars for bending modulus?

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2011 - 03:12:33 CDT

Measuring the curvature as one angle does not mean that the shape will
be biased towards a triangle. All it means is, you won't be able to
resolve a triangle from other bent shapes - but if the chain has a
propensity to bend as a semi-circle, then that's what you'll get.
Unless the chain is much longer than the persistence length, I think
that would be fine.