RE: using colvars for bending modulus?

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2011 - 01:40:24 CDT

Curvature is defined locally, but simple derivations for the bending modulus
presume a constant curvature throughout the chain. I'm not terribly worried
about twisting motions, which ideally would be averaged over anyway. The
problem with defining just one angle is that the final structure won't be a
semi-circle but rather a triangle of sorts.