Re: gromacs analysis tools

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 14:28:04 CDT

all,

there is one additional issue that can arise: some of the gromacs tools
require
information about particle charges and masses, which are taken from a .tpr
file.

the VMD topotools plugin has an (currently undocumented) feature
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/topotools/
that can help with it. you can load your .psf and .pdb file into VMD
and then do: topo writegmxtop myfile.top
and it should generate a "fake" .top file that provides enough information
to be able to generate a .tpr file. it will not be sufficient for
simulations,
but should cover the needs of the analysis tools that require a .tpr file.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer