Re: gromacs analysis tools

From: Francesco Oteri (francesco.oteri_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 13:47:19 CDT

Dear M,
dcd files are readable by GROMACS. To use these feature, you have to
install VMD.
Once VMD is installed, the environment variable VMD_PLUGIN_PATH should
point to the VMD directory containing library for file reading (usually
vmd_directory/plugins/LINUXAMD64/molfile).

Now you should be able to run, for example:
g_rms -f .dcd -s .pdb

If your trajectory is composed by moltiple files, you must concatenate
them using:
trjcat -f *.dcd *.dcd *.dcd -o trajectory.xtc

Usually, the timeof the different frames is 0 so you should change the
time for each frame running trjconv on trajectory.xtc